I am damn glad that I managed to stay positive overall for this month, net positive. Probably up about +10 or so, I haven’t check the exact number yet. Today was a nice day. I came into the office pretty late, about 10am (8am mountain time). I don’t usually get into trades when I just arrived in the office. But somehow, I was in a good state. I execute a trade at 9:50am. Got 7 cents profit right there. IBN again. I have been trading IBN for past few days. It was a nice stock for trading.
Anyway, my one of most significant trade in my trading career so far is this one..
after getting about +9 before 10am, I hit -20 loss in next two trades. I entered long at 43.50 IBN, but got flipped to the other side, got out with -20 loss. When IBN get to 43.50 again, I entered long again. I just felt this resistance will be broke. True enough. With the GREAT force of future, it broke to about 43.80, 30 cent profit if i stayed on the trade! but I took only 20 cents profit, got out 43.70. Only then, I realize that Bernake spoke at 10am, that’s why there is such volatility in the market. BOOM BOOM. After the nice ride up, few seconds later, future tank.. that’s what usually happen when Bernake spoke or if there’s a meeting..
When I saw there’s no much strength for IBN to hold, I entered short at 43.69, and got out 43.51, nice 18 cent winner.
Later, I did small trades. Slept for a while. Went out for soup. Try to keep my profit. I end my day with Net +50.39
Yeah. I love the way I trade today. I hope I can stay this way and get my share size up when necessary.
Below I have captured a few nice trade set up. Just for my own reference. They are not good big winner type. But there’s some logic behind them. I will do this more often later on.
In this one, AMD broke the early range (between 9:30-10:00), it will be a good short there when it broke 11.60
With this one, I should get about 30 cent winner if I stay in the trade till two candles go against me. Of course, with the support of S&P. But I did not get into this trade.

This one, when it broke 19.00, it’s a nice short. It also broke the early range.
That’s it for today. I will try to keep my log more updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment